zondag 13 juli 2014

Create the look: Vintage Hair Roll


Hi there! I've been busy the last few weeks, first with work and then a trip to England. While staying at my uncle's house, I spotted my cousin had one of these vintage hair roll things. I always like looking at all of these great hair pieces out there, but never end up buying one thinking maybe it wouldn't work for me. So when I saw this one, I was eager to test it and talk about it on my blog. When I asked my cousin Maisy to pose in the pictures for this post, she was more then happy to help.

Here's what the box contained:


The roll with an elastic attached, here my cousin Maisy pointed out that they couldn't figure out where the elastic was ment to go. And some regular hair pins.

Here's the beautiful Maisy.

She has nice long thick hair which is perfect for this kind of thing.


As she pointed out earlier about the elastic band was kind of weird. There weren't really any proper instructions, but we did see on the picture on the box that the girl there had a fringe to go over the elastic, which Maisy didn't.


I decided the best way to do it was by wrapping the hair around the roll strand by strand.


This is how the finished up do looked.



As you can see the elastic is clearly visible, we tried to hide it under a hair band but that didn't work very well.



Special thanks to Maisy!











Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten